Before you can apply for the program, there are certain basic requirements you must meet.
- Aged 18-29
- Be unmarried and have no children
- Be flexible, friendly and open
- Have love for children & demonstrable childcare experience
- No criminal record
- Be fit and healthy with no medical conditions which may affect your work as an au pair (all medical conditions must be declared, if unsure as to whether your condition affects the application, please check with our team first)
- Minimum availability of 6 months – Many families prefer 12 month stays so the longer you can stay, the more options you normally have!
- You must be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa (i.e. UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa). Read more about the visa requirements here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility.
When you apply for a Youth Mobility Visa for the UK, there is no need to use a visa agency and you can save money doing the application direct. Make sure you read the information on the website to prepare for your application, look for the logo below and use only official government websites. In the UK you can recognise these as they end with .gov.uk (instead of .com)
- At the time of the visa application, you should have around £1900 savings on your bank account (equal to around 3700AUD)
- Once you have applied for the visa online, you will be required to book an appointment with a local embassy. For more information about applying for a UK visa in Australia, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/australia-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-australia