Terms & Conditions
As part of your application, you will be asked to sign an
Au pair agreement*
- I …………………………………………confirm that I have read and understood all material provided and that I fulfill all criteria and agree to abide by the au pair program (What is an au pair) and by these terms.
2. I understand that my profile must be complete and program fee must be paid prior to family introductions.
3. I confirm that all information I have provided is honest, correct and complete.
4. After my confirmed placement I agree to stay in touch with the host family, however, I will not travel to the family until all details are confirmed by the agency.
6. I understand that it is my responsibility to organise and pay for: valid passport, visa application, travel insurance, travel to/from my host country.
8. I will respect the family contract, handbook and house rules and will carry out my duties to my best ability.
9. I understand that the success of the au pair experience depends largely on my initiative and flexibility to adapt.
10. I shall seek advice of the host family before using any form of discipline on the children and under no circumstances shall I hit the children or leave them alone
11. Within the first week, I will inform my agency of my contact details.
12. Should there be any issues I cannot resolve with the host family, I shall contact the local agency for assistance.
13. I will make every effort to resolve any differences with my host family. If a solution is not found, I will give 14 days notice and may apply for a new placement through the local agency. During notice, duties and pay continue as normal unless by mutual agreement.
14. If I request to be placed in a new family, the agency will endeavour to facilitate this. I understand I may have to move to another city and cover my own costs (travel, accommodation and other). I will be flexible to accept alternative arrangements.
15. I shall not hold the agency responsible for any losses, injury or damage
16. I understand that I can be expelled from the au pair program if I fail to abide by this agreement, if I breach contract with the family or if there is a case of misconduct. This includes (but is not limited to) lying on a profile and falsification of documents.
“THE AGENCY” refers to SMART CULTURAL EXCHANGE, trading as Smart Gap Year and Smart Au Pairs
“THE CLIENT” refers to a person who appoints The Agency to provide the Au Pair Program.
These terms apply to all contracts or agreements made between The Client and The Agency and are deemed accepted through completion of a Profile or registration
The Agency acts as an Agent for introductions and support and does not employ candidates.
The Client confirms that all information supplied is honest, correct and complete. By providing data, The Client consents to the processing of data in accordance with the Safety and Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to ask for additional documentation such as but not limited to further references and/or Federal police check.
The Agency will activate The Client’s profile after interview, completed information and receipt of program fee. The Agency supplies details of selected family(s) to The Client. If no relevant families are available at the time of registration, then details will be provided as soon as possible. The Client can accept interviews with some or all of the families supplied.Our program fee for UK & Europe includes a placement guarantee. To validate your guarantee you must:
- Apply at least four months in advance of travel
- Give us 3 months to match you
- Be a driver, non-smoker
Unreasonable rejection of replacement offer may result in delays and will not entitle The Client to refund.
The Client has legal obligations as an au pair to comply with local legislation, including but not limited to Immigration, insurance, Tax obligations and compliance with local background checks.
Every effort is made to ensure that families introduced to The Client are suitable for the program. It is the responsibility of The Client to be satisfied as to the suitability of the family. The Agency does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, expense or injury resulting from an introduction. The Agency advises both the au pair and the host family to take out appropriate insurance.
The Agency shall not be responsible or liable for any breach by the family of the terms of engagement or for any other act or omission whether willful, negligent or otherwise.
The Client must ensure sufficient funds are available to cover a rematch/relocation. Any related charges are payable by the Client.
These terms are subject to Australian law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
The Client must accept the obligations of being an au pair and sign the au pair agreement.
OBLIGATIONS OF A HOST FAMILY (varies slightly by country and agreed between family and receiving agency in your destination country)
We expect your host family overseas to provide you with;
A written agreement (Local agency provides a sample) for 6-12 months duration, signed by both parties prior to start date in line with role agreed through the agency
Time to settle in, with guidance, training and support
Clear written guidance on what is expected in line with role agreed with agency (handbook)
Furnished room for the au-pair’s exclusive use
Pocket money paid weekly (according to contract with au pair) with appropriate PAYG withholding.
Time-off and support to attend appropriate language classes where applicable
A warm welcome as part of the family, including return local transport from orientation/nearest International Airport if applicable and/or airport collection
A minimum of one week’s paid holiday for every six months with the family
Two weeks paid notice (live-in)
Driving assessment + lessons if au pair is required to drive; access to insured and safe vehicle
Extra pocket money for extra help
Au Pairs are entitled to 14 days notice of termination except in cases of misconduct.
Fees & terms are subject to change without prior notice.
All information is presented in good faith and on the basis that The Agency nor their agents or employees, are liable (whether by reason of error, omission, negligence, lack of care or otherwise) to any person for any damage or loss whatsoever which has occurred or may occur in relation to that person taking or not taking (as the case may be) action in respect of any statement, information or advice given in our material.
Smart Cultural Exchange Pty Ltd
ACN 146 911 462
Trading as Smart Gap Year and Smart Au Pairs
in collaboration with
SMART AU PAIRS Ltd (UK) Registered in England No. 5433237